Today we’re going to deepen your feel /connection / communication / ability to listen, to another level and give you a simple format to follow in an animal communication session.
We got more than I bargained for in today’s final session, with a demonstration of how healing it can be to “just” listen deeply to our animal in such an empowering kind of way.
Thanks again to everyone whose questions and experiences added to our understanding about Talking to the Animals. 🙂
Introduction to Day 3
Individual Support and Question Time
Click here for an alternative if you have any problems with the audio player above.
Written version of my notes
A large part of the session is spontaneous response to what’s coming up for me and other people, so the notes are only a small part of the session. 🙂
Today we’re going to deepen your feel /connection / communication / ability to listen, to another level and give you a simple format to follow.
1. Have a Pen and paper with you for when we go in to do a session on the SAME animal that you worked with yesterday. We’re working on the same animal, because it can take time to establish this deeper level of communication and to establish the animal’s CONFIDENCE in communicating with you.
2. If you’re physically present with an animal, make sure that you are far enough away for the animal’s comfort zone. No one wants to chat if they’re anxious about you.
3. ONLY write down the words, feelings and impressions you get / see / hear. This is INCREDIBLY important that you do not interpret what you get through the veil of your own background and emotional stresses. You can make that mean something completely different. Tell the story of the lady from Erica.
4. Everyone wants to be heard – don’t rush this – it’s by far the most important part – like 95% of most important.
5. Drop into a Quiet Mind in the way that has served you best during this course and expand your attention out into the rest of your body.
6. Look at the animal or their photo with soft smiling eyes (soft smiling eyes are SO important!) until you feel you’ve established a connection – then you can half shut almost shut your eyes of you like and have your hand resting on the piece of paper. I find that I forget some little stuff if I don’t write it down and you never know what’s going to bring the blast of understanding when you look at the writing towards the end of the session.
7. Sit with the feelings/ words/ impressions that come up, using soft smiling eyes – just feeling / listening, not looking for anything extra – just BEING as Present with them as your skill allows in this moment. For example you might write down “I feel a stuck spot, a tension in my lower back just below my waist”. I felt a lovely feeling in heart, or “I felt sadness” or “pain in my foot towards the left hand side”. WHATEVER random words come up – even if you don’t believe they’re related, write them down, because they CAN be part of the pattern of what you’re picking up.
Oriana once saw a red jacket when I was teaching one day. To her it made no sense and to me neither, because I didn’t have a red jacket. But on my walks I noticed there was a seat that for some weird reason was called the red jacket seat – that was the label on the back of the seat – and there was this creepy guy who ran through the bush to get ahead of me and would then jog back towards me as if he’d just happened to be there at the same time. And it happened around the area of that seat – I sure wouldn’t have wanted to sit in it with my back to the bush! My dog Lily Bear didn’t like him either.
8. It’s up to you how you flow with the being and the writing – that’s a practice thing and I expect we’re all a little different with what works for us. I need to write things down pretty quickly, but I can do that and still be feeling the feeling and then drop deeper into that when I’ve finished writing. You might want to finish honouring the feeling and THEN write your note – whatever works for you.
9. Notice any time you get squinty frowning eyes from trying too hard and smile with your eyes again, knowing that ALLOWING is the easiest way to get the connection to flow and from the connection, comes the communication.
10. Specially when you have a go at connecting with other people’s animals, you might have to do a few sit downs with them before they have enough confidence to open up. Or they may have nothing to say. Or they may go “whew glad someone’s listening” and talk really easily. And everything in between. What you need to know is that either way, it will be perfect each time.
The Quiet Mind
Ok lets get going into our Quiet Mind. Make yourself comfortable on an upright chair.
As we’ve been talking about, one of these ways of dropping into a quiet mind will work for you better than others. As before, don’t worry if one of them feels difficult, just let anything difficult go and flow with the things that are easy.
Remember this is an EXPERIENCING thing, a BEing thing, not an analytical thing. Just FEEL the different ways that you experience connection. Use my words to expand your awareness of the full experience of the way that you feel your feelings/ connection / communication with yourself and with your animals.
So … Pay gentle attention to your outward breath…
and to the way that the lower part of your ribs just squishes the air out of your lungs – don’t do that on purpose, just NOTICE the movement of the ribs. And when that’s comfortable notice the pause that’s starting to happen at the bottom of your outward breath where you don’t even need to breathe again yet.
Then see if you can feel your heart beating.
And if you can’t quite feel that, then imagine that you can.
And if heart feel is your thing, just smile at the feelings around your heart and notice how that softens your eyes and feel how much better it feels to smile at those feelings.
Allow your attention to wander over your body, if you notice any tension or aches and pains just smile at them and notice how that softens your eyes and feels better. Notice and smile and appreciate of your sense of smell or sight or hearing sharpens and if it seems like time slows a little, make sure that you stop and appreciate the heck out of that too!
Notice any energy moving through your body, any tingles or prickles of energy in your hands and feet. If you come across an energy stuck spot, just smile at it, notice how that softens your eyes and how much better that feels.
Remember that I call it squinty eyes when we’re frowning with trying too hard? Smile with your eyes and allow them to relax and allow yourself to notice what the inside of your own body feels like …
Allow the thoughts and ideas to flow, just observe them, just notice them without judging them as good or bad, just allow the thoughts and ideas to flow across your mind. There’s gold at the bottom of those thoughts and ideas, there’s gold at the bottom of those worries too I promise, so just allow them to flow. Smile at your thoughts and notice how that allows the thoughts and ideas to flow the way they are meant to flow if this is one of your natural strengths.
Stay feeling inside yourself, keep that awareness of what the inside of your body is feeling like and look at your photo or look at your animal. Keep feeling the inside of your own body mind and spirit and notice what changes in your own body as you think of this animal.
You feel your connection with your animals IN YOUR OWN SELF, in the feelings, the physical feelings, the emotional feelings, the energetic feelings, the thought and ideas, in the beautiful sensitivity of that beautiful heart. Allow your attention to expand around your body, noticing EVERTHING about what is changing in ALL of your feelings, in ALL of your senses.
What changes IS your animal. What changes IS this unique connection between you and them. Some animals will communicate with their people with thought and ideas, some will communicate with you emotionally, some with energy, some physically by showing you their aches and pains and physical tensions.
Keep that gentle noticing of your own body, stay looking and feeling and observing what’s going on in your own body and just decide to notice how YOU are feeling this connection with your animal.
Then I was picking up things from people during the Quiet Mind and talking about those things.
After the quiet mind
We got some fabulous examples of HOW the different feels were working for people in their communication and what to do with them. We got lots of insight into the opportunities brought up by connection and listening to our animal at a deep level like this. Lovely stuff!
Tomorrow I have a bonus for you – Talk to the Wild Animals!