The Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol is the one that has the most differences between different styles of Reiki. I’ve been given two Distance Symbols by two different Reiki Masters, both powerful and yet with a different feel and I’ve decided to share both these symbols with you.
The symbol on the left is an Usui one.
There are various meanings of Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen: No Past No Present No Future, although I prefer it as “All time is NOW”; “Open the book of Life and now read” being the most common. However it is defined, this symbol creates the opportunity to cross time, space and distance. It heals the Past, Present and Future and our Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen makes it possible to send energies over distance easily.
They are also powerful when you’re drawn to use them in hands on work.
To me and many others, Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen is a profound symbol of deep meaning and many uses and in tomorrow’s lesson, as you repeatedly practice drawing this symbol, we’re going to get you to feel inside yourself for each stroke of the pen and record what comes up for you so that you can get your own profound insights.
Right now though, pause and let’s have a feel into the meaning of this symbol. Sit for a moment and take your attention inside yourself. Notice the way that the lower part of your ribs move with your outward breath, feel for your heartbeat if that works for you, feel the energy moving in your body if that’s your thing, be aware of and allow your emotions, your thoughts and ideas to just flow all the way to the gold at the bottom of them, allow your attention to expand to an awareness of your whole body and all the things that you are feeling in your body.
Then look at the symbols and feel into the words No past, No Present, No Future; Open the book of Life and now read. Just imagine that understanding anything and everything, could be as simple as “opening the book of Life and reading”.
You can use this symbol to:
- Send Reiki healing to people, horses and other animals far away. It’s still important to have permission for any healing. If you’ve not met this person to ask them directly for their permission (and asking them directly is by far my preference) then in a Quiet Mind, meditative space ask for permission. Sit quietly for a while and you’ll hear/feel their answer and if you don’t hear the answer, don’t do it. Life is about personal choices and the things each individual has to change in order to reach THEIR dreams and we should not interfere with another’s personal choice or their dreams.
- You can “beam” Reiki to people or animals across the room from way outside their aura– again, only with their permission. This is a great technique for working with disturbed or frightened horses or other animals where being right beside them could put you in danger.
- You can send Reiki energies to the future to help with a specific task or be there as a support. I have sent Reiki to myself later in the day when I know I have a long day with a big drive at the end of it, to energise myself for the drive.
- Distance healing is not the only use of this symbol. Using it in hands on healing work is also appropriate when you are guided to bring this symbol in to the session – you can send Reiki to the past to lift up, to understand and release trauma or to the future. This symbol transcends time.
- You can use this symbol to take ALL the symbols back in time to a trauma that you or a client want to understand the Big Picture about, in a way that brings Truth and Knowing to your beliefs.
- You can use this symbol to take ALL the symbols back in time to understand the Big picture about something “wrong” that you did yourself and feel guilty about.
- You can use this symbol to put your Reiki into SITUATIONS – and you don’t need permission for that because you are applying the power of the Universe to the SITUATION for the best possible result for ALL.
Past Lives & The Akashic records
Although I do a lot of work with old trauma for both people and animals, past lives is something that only comes up occasionally for me. You can use your Reiki bring to light and release trauma from this life, or from previous or parallel lives if that comes up for you.
If past lives is of particular interest for you, you can use Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen for access to the Akashic Records, the life records of each soul, that can be used in karmic healing. Simplified, Akashic Records is an infinite cosmic library also referred to as the collective mind or the collective consciousness or the collective unconscious. You can read more about that in the recommended reading “Essential Reiki” by Diane Stein.
I also read an excellent book recently called Nod Whispers by Peter Nielson, who has had many past life experiences with his horses. His process for releasing the effect of those is quite different to mine – I find the effect of the past life releases with the understanding. His way clearly works too and the book is a nice read. It’s only 2.99 for Kindle
In the hayshed
Karma: My insight is that karma is the opportunity to do it better this time.
I call this version of Hon Sha Ze Sho Nen symbol “the Ancient One” because of the profound experience that I had when I was doing my Master Level. My first vision happened when I was feeling my way through drawing each line of the symbol with rightness in every stroke – I had a vision of a Chinese person from thousands of years ago, squatting in the earth drawing the symbols in the dirt.
Then later on, in my Master Teacher attunement, I got to meet her as she looked up at me from under her Chinese farm hat and held out her tiny hand.
I was confused because Usui Reiki started in the 1800’s. So I asked Jesus (whom I see often in my healing work) for an explanation of how this vision could be from thousands of years ago. He said that Reiki is almost as old as time itself and this symbol connects me to thousands of years of Reiki Masters past, present and future.
You can skip on to the next page on the link below or wait for your next email tomorrow.
Refresh the previous Lesson