When we are connected to our horses – when things are going as they “should” be… as they can be… then we CAN feel the love they have for us, in many ways.
I feel my horse’s love frequently. And when I bring students in to connect with my horses, usually at least one of those horses will radiate as much of that love feeling as the student can handle at that stage of their development. Deniz in the photo can handle LOTS! 🙂
I hear so many versions of ” I didn’t know it could feel like this.” when I’m working with people.
I am VERY happy to tell you that horses CAN love you.
And anyone who thinks that’s untrue is quite welcome to stand nose to nose with me and my horse/s and feel it for themselves.
So when don’t horses love us?
Well it’s not flaming rocket science.
- They don’t love at us when we scare them or are dismissive of their fear and anxiety.
- They don’t love at us when we push through their boundaries, or teach them too fast and create tension as “normal”.
- They don’t love at us when we hurt them or when we’re angry or frustrated or otherwise upset with them and vice versa.
- They don’t love at us when we’re disconnected from them, ignoring them or neglecting the wholeness of their body mind and spirit.
- Or is that WE can’t feel that love when we’re doing any of those things?
And they CAN’T radiate love at us when we’re not even listening to them to feel it in the first place.
Check out our free monthly “Dummy spit anti-struggling seminars” themed around happiness, healing and horses.